Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Beautiful reminders, whispers and nudges

Hello sweet beauties,
 
It has been awhile, hasn't it?  I've missed you all.  We are in the season of renewal and hope and I'm so looking forward to it.  How about you?  Isn't it amazing how there are so many beautiful reminders of this in nature?  Do you plant flowers or have any growing in your garden?  If not, please take some time to create some beauty around you.  Even if it's one pot of pretty flowers on your porch or patio.  It will bring you so much joy and lift your spirit in a way that you can't imagine.  Last year my garden brought so many blessings to me.  This year it continues to do the same.  Everyday I go outside and there is something new or beautiful to lift me up.  Our spirits this past season have been heavy and burdened.  At the end of many days, I am tired and weary.  Today was one of those days.  I was at the kitchen window and I saw something new in my iris bed.  I walked out and found this beauty.  What a lovely surprise to end a crazy day.



















After a very stressful week last week, I walked outside on Saturday and these lovelies were bursting at the seams.  Their scent is subtle but so comforting. 


Last year, I had Sweet Peas in a pot.  I collected as many of the seeds as I could with every intention of planting this spring.  I still haven't planted them but over the weekend these little babies emerged right by the trellis.  I felt like they were saying, "No worries, we got this!"


The site of the bluebonnets in the front yard this year are such a wonderful memory of the precious lady that planted them when we first moved in our house.  I've spent many an afternoon just standing amongst them breathing in their scent.


As I sat on the back step on Monday, the doves were singing their gentle "coo".   Such a peaceful song to calm my anxious heart. 

There are reminders and signs from the One who loves us everywhere.  We just have to stop and seek them out.  We tend to think the signs must be "ginormous" but really they are gentle nudges and whispers.   Go outside and seek them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment