Monday, June 17, 2013

10 Photo's a Day

I love really good photographs.  I love to capture the moments in photo's.  Unfortunately,  I am usually unsuccessful at both!  I am always so excited to look at the pictures I have taken and then usually disappointed they didn't turn out.   I admire the beautiful blogs and websites of those talented people who can accomplish this.  I have considered purchasing a cool DSLR camera but fear of failure would have the expensive piece of equipment displayed beautifully in a stylish camera bag!  To be honest, most of my snapshots are taken with my iPhone.  It's easy and it's always with me. 
I am taking a course from Jeanne Oliver's summer series called the Art of Seeing.  As you know from my previous posts, Jeanne's classes are always amazing.  This one just started today and I've only watched a few of the video's.  One of the projects is to take 10 photo's a day for a week and share them.  One of the reasons that I took this class is to improve my photo taking for the pictures I use here on this blog and on Pinterest.  Hopefully, you'll see my pictures improve!

Day One - June 17, 2013
Since most of today was gone by the time I watched the video, I captured some photo's of our wild garden, the fresh tomatoes I picked this evening, the veggies for our juice,  and the juice itself.  I didn't get 10 today but tomorrow's another day.  Enjoy a glimpse into my world for day one.

 
 
Day Two - June 18, 2013
 
This project is really fun.  It makes one take a look around at the things we pass by or take for granted everyday.  We never really think about them because they are all just part of our lives.  When they are captured in a photo, it makes you take a look at your own world through a different "lens."
Today I captured a morning cup of tea and a wall in my office at work.  I picked jasmine flowers and placed them with a garden sign and a tree stump that is naturally in a heart shape. I wish you all could smell their beautiful fragrance!  I  love the way the sun was captured shinning through in the picture of the Welcome sign on the arbor in the garden.  I captured a funny picture of our dog who desperately wanted the treat I was bribing him with to perk his ears.  The final picture is a picture of the clouds on this beautiful evening.  It looks as though there is a dog sleeping in the upper right.  My life is surrounded by so much beauty.  This project is reminding me of that. 
 






 
Day Three, - June 19, 2013
 
Here are a few photo's from today capturing nature's gifts of summer.
Summertime brings such beautiful fruits and vegetables.  I cut up a cantaloupe and a fresh pineapple tonight for a refreshing snack. 
I also clipped some fresh mint from the garden.  I love, love, love mint.  It is yummy in lemon water, ice tea, green tea, or just about anything.  Mint definitely reminds me of summer. 
I have these tiny vases that are perfect for sprigs of mint or a single flower.    I like to keep this on my counter to add to whatever needs a little pick me up.  Here it is on my vintage scale.  I found this at a charming shop on Etsy and I just love it.  I actually use it to weigh items for various food recipes as well as soap and skin care recipes.  If it's in our kitchen, it gets used. 
The evening brought in some rain chances.  The skies turned gray and the wind picked up.  The temperatures dropped and it  felt amazing outside.  Since I captured the white fluffy clouds yesterday, I thought it fitting to capture the stormy clouds too.  I thought the rain missed us but after dark, a nice, steady rain came.  Cool temperatures and cool rain on a mid-June night is unusual for us.  Have you ever danced in the rain?  Something about this rain just made me want to soak it up and lift my hands to the heavens and dance.  Thank goodness it was dark!
I love the quote by Vivian Greene: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."  I hope you'll take some time to enjoy all summer means to you. 


 

Day Four - June 22, 2013

Life happens and I missed a couple days with this lesson.  Oh, but, the sweet reprieve of the weekend is here!  I still didn't capture 10 today but I did capture a few that describe my day.
The view of the front porch.  I see this everyday.  Today, this view seemed to be one that needed to be captured.  The way the wind was blowing and the trees were swaying...it just felt peaceful and welcoming.   Maybe after a long week, my spirit felt drawn to the comforts of entering our home and leaving the world behind for a couple days.  Once again this project reminds me of all the comforts, charm and beauty that is around me...if I just slow down and look.

I took some time to do some art today as I just started Wildflowers, a great new summer art class with the precious Junelle Jacobsen.  You should check it out.  I have an "art table" in our office.  It is right in front of two windows so the light in the morning is amazing.  Many times I catch myself sitting there just watching the birds or the squirrels play in the pond or empty the bird feeder, which they did.  They dumped all of the seed out of the feeder that they already broke.  But even without the seed, the view is still great.
 
I planted Zinnia's in the our "wild" garden this year.  These beauties just keep making me smile.  Everyday there is a new flower. 
 
Then there was the moon.  The moon tonight looks amazing.  The photo with my iPhone doesn't do it justice but I just had to try.  It lights up the sky like a headlight shining down from heaven.  You can feel the energy of all she has.



 
I hope you'll take some time this weekend to enjoy all the beauty around you.  Stop and pause.  Breathe.  Bask in the moonlight.  Feed your soul.  
 
 
Day Five - June 23, 2013
 
Happy Sunday!  I know you are probably tired of seeing photo's of my garden.  But each day that I go out there, there is always something new.  While watering this morning,  a beautiful Swallowtail butterfly visited.  He apparently loves the Zinnias as much as I do!  He fluttered around to all of them.  It was such a magical moment.  Again, all I had out there was my phone so they are not the greatest. 
I also took some time this weekend to finish up an art canvas I started.  I am totally in love with the Julie Nutting Prima Doll stamps.  They are like grown up paper dolls (Blog post about that coming soon.).  Wishing you all a wonderful week!
 


 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Awesome Dionea! your garden is enviable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy for stopping by to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures girl! He's being a good boy Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Art of Seeing class. Love your photos. Your garden looks amazing. See some art work from Brave Girls Art School...loved it. Are you also taking the Wings class? I'll be sure to check back this week and see how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! So glad you stopped by! Yes, I am taking the Wings class. I love it.
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from the Art of Seeing class as well! Love the heart shaped tree stump shot! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again! Thanks for the peek into your beautiful garden. I found this week that there is so much inspiration for beauty in the garden. You have some lovely shots; the tomatoes one particularly caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete