Friday, April 12, 2013

New favorite company for mixed media!

I was recently at our local craft store and was drawn to some beautiful flowers, embellishments, papers, washi tape, etc.  Since mixed media has become my latest form of "therapy", I am always on the lookout for beautiful things to use in my art.  I am drawn to those things that have a vintage look, soft colors and just about anything that looks like book paper, music, or words.  I believe that incorporating "wall words" (as my husband calls them) allows the art to serve as a gentle reminder of the things that we forget in this crazy life.  I also love to use flowers, birds, butterflies, and other sweet creatures of nature.  If I can find true vintage items and papers then that's even better.  Sorry, I digress...back to the point....
The company is Prima Marketing.  I love their Lyric, Almanac, Fairy Rhyme, and Firefly collections. Actually, I love all of their collections but a girl has to stop at some point.  Well, at least until the next paycheck!  One of my favorite places to get this collection as well as other great supplies is here.
I am going to create something with these beautiful papers this weekend.  I'll post it here so you can be inspired to give them a try too.
Do you have a favorite company or brand that you use in your creations?  I'd love to hear about them.  Maybe they will become my favorite too!
Enjoy your weekend and take some time to create or do something to soothe your soul.  You deserve it!




No comments:

Post a Comment