Monday, February 21, 2011

Signs of Spring!

As many areas of the country are still battling winter, here in the South we are getting an early taste of Spring.  I've been crazy busy and haven't literally taken time to "Stop and Smell the Roses".  So, today I decided to take a few minutes and enjoy Mr. Sunshine since the roses are not blooming yet.  As I walked around the yard, I found great surprises.  The purple hyacinth's are in bloom and smell wonderful!  The crocus is also awakening after a long dormant season.  She's bright yellow and full of sunshine although she's a tiny one.  As I rounded the corner to the front, overgrown bed that never gets my full attention, the sunny daffodils were waving hello.  The fresh, young yarrow is so beautiful this time of year.  Stay tuned for more about yarrow later this spring. She's one you definitely should grow. 
Sadly the plants in the green-house did not survive.  However, the few that we kept in the garage are stretching and looking up to the sun saying "here I am".  My favorite mints are popping up.  I can already taste a yummy glass of green tea, lemon, and mint!  The catnip is ready to work her magic this season.  Here are a few pics for those of you that are still blanketed by snow and cold.  May this bring you hope, warmth and a little smile!  For everyone who is like me and hasn't taken the time to "Stop and Smell the Roses", go right and now and see what may be awakening in your yard.  You'll feel better, I just know it!
Blessings!



Yarrow

Daffodil



Hyacinth and Crocus


No comments:

Post a Comment