Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chamomile

Have you ever tried Chamomile?  I am brewing some right now.  After a crazy, stressful day, its a great way to calm my frazzled nerves and prepare me for a restful night.  I buy Chamomile in bulk and is an herb I always have on hand.  Here are some of my favorite and very effective uses:
  • Relaxing tea - Great to calm your nerves and quiet your mind. 
  • Sleep aid - A cup of tea before bed, eases me quickly into a restful sleep.  Try brewing a cup of tea and soaking in a warm bath.  Sleep well!
  • Digestive aid - Use before or after a meal to ease indigestion and tummy aches.
  • Styes and eye conditions - A warm chamomile tea bag is my favorite treatment of styes, puffy, red and irritated eyes.  As soon as I feel a stye coming on, I'll get a tea bag and place it on my eye.  I will do this several times a day with a new tea bag each time as you don't want to contaminate your eyes further.  If I ever suffered from pink eye, chamomile would be my first choice of treatment. 
  • Hair Rinse - A cool brew of Chamomile with some lemon juice brings out natural highlights in my blonde hair.
  • Anti-inflammatory and Pain Reliever - I sometimes suffer from low back issues.  When this happens, I brew up a very strong infusion of Chamomile.  I'll take it throughout the day until the back pain subsides. 
There are so many wonderful uses for this herb.  I hope you give Chamomile a try.  Let me know if you.  I'd love to hear how it works for you.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I need to buy Ginger and Chamomile when I go to the store. You just keep coming up with all kinds of things to help us. You are so smart. Love you my sister. I hope Sissy doesn't mind sharing you with me.

    ReplyDelete