Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cranberry Jelly


One of my favorite things to do while cranberries are in season is to make Cranberry Jelly and Cranberry Juice. This is traditional jelly like grape or strawberry. It is a beautiful color and the perfect pick me up for the cold, dreary mornings of winter.

As much as I love my art, I just couldn't find the creative side of me this weekend.

So I decided to get creative in the kitchen and make jelly. I had already bought everything I needed. Plus I need the room in the frig for the upcoming holiday.

The jelly turned out beautifully clear and oh the color! (Tip: The more you strain, the clearer your jelly will be).

I was in the kitchen most of the day but it was quite rewarding. There is something about making jelly that is dear to my soul. Perhaps it’s the nostalgia of my husband's grandmother making jars of jelly for her family and me being able to share a piece of her knowledge with them too.

Here are a few pictures with the beautiful cranberries before cooking and then a picture of the jelly all finished.

Now off to clean the flour sack towels and kitchen counters of cranberry stains!

I hope you will try and make some jelly or some other tradition passed down for your family over the holiday season. You will find you are blessed just as much as the recipient.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment