Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday dinner


There is something about the cool weather that makes me want to be in the kitchen cooking. What about you?

I tried a new roasted chicken recipe today that I got from Everyday Food called Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. It incorporates all the things I love: chicken, garlic, butter and of course using cast iron. Plus it is classic French Country! What could be more perfect for a Sunday dinner! It turned out a beautiful golden brown which I wasn't sure about since you cook it uncovered. The chicken was very moist. I added a mixed green salad with pecans, cranberries, carrots and fresh squeezed orange juice for the dressing. I cut some fresh herbs from the garden and quickly made some herb roasted potatoes to go with it. A nice glass of fresh brewed green tea and I felt like we were in the French Countryside (except for the smoke that filled the kitchen from everything cooking in the cast iron). I didn't notice that in the video! My garlic also didn't peel as easily using the metal bowls but it was fun to try and what a great way to rid any frustrations. I am definitely adding this to my recipe book.

Let me know if you give it a try or if you have a perfect Sunday dinner recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment